• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Do the forums happen to have a block function?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GNPixie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:00 am Reply with quote
Basically as the title says. I just want to know if I'm looking in the wrong spot or if the forums don't have one.
ChirashiD

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 4:58 am Reply with quote
Are you talking about blocking other users? This is the right area to ask this but I just want to clarify what you mean.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:59 am Reply with quote
There is no block or ignore option, as of now. But I believe it is on the wish list for whenever an upgrade happens.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 2:05 pm Reply with quote
GNPixie wrote:
Basically as the title says. I just want to know if I'm looking in the wrong spot or if the forums don't have one.

There is no block or ignore user function and I say this as a long time ANN forumites. So you're going to have to make do with what you have.

Having a block/ignore user function would be nice but I don't think the system on ANN would support it (as of this post).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 7:18 pm Reply with quote
This would be a really nice feature to have. Glad to hear it's on an upgrade wishlist.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 7:25 am Reply with quote
Be careful what you wish for. The upgrade in question is intended to be a complete change to the background software that supports the forums. This will likely constitute a compete change in the user interface. In my experience such changes involving losing as much as they gain. YMMV. A major learning curve at best.

On the other hand, the upgrade in question has been pending for a few years now with no set date for starting it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1